New Retail Campaign
What kinds of local independent restaurants and shops would you like to see in a vibrant downtown?
Source the Station members are shaping the future of retail in Huntington Station through our New Retail Campaign! Members ‘Like’ (upvote) your their favorite local business ideas, submitting their own positive, inspiring ideas as well. The crowd identified the top indie storefront suggestions with at least 50 Likes (to prove there’s actually a market for them!), and Renaissance Downtowns is investing in feasibility studies for their implementation, then will actively begin recruiting business owners to make it a reality!
The five retail ideas that have earned feasibility studies to date:
How to participate:
- Like/vote for local business ideas here.
- Submit ideas here or via the big red ‘Submit an Idea’ button on the home page or Ideas page. You can also submit an idea in person at the Source the Station office (see address at bottom left of this site) or by emailing Erika at [email protected]
The rules are as follows:
- Business ideas need at least 50 Likes to qualify.
- Business ideas should be storefront retail businesses, like restaurants and shops.
- Business ideas should not be chains or franchises.
- The more informative the description the better.
- These descriptions may be updated as people provide comments that further develop the idea. Your original description will be preserved, and you can edit it at any time.
- Deadlines: The top idea with at least 50 Likes by February 28, 2013 and April 30, 2013